- MBBS From RG Kar Medical College & Hospital, Calcutta under Calcutta University in 1981
- Master of Surgery (MS) (General Surgery) from University College of Medicine, Calcutta University in 1986
- DMRT (Diploma in Medical Radiotherapeutics) from University College of Medicine, Calcutta University in 1989
- FRCS from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- FACS from American College of Surgeons
- Medical Registration: Full Registration, West Bengal Medical Council, INDIA, Registration No. 41679
October, 1981 - September, 1982: Rotary Residential House Surgeon, R G Kar Medical College, Calcutta, INDIA (Surgery, Medicine, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Paediatrics, Dentistry, Darmatology, Psychiatry, Community Medicine & Public Health)
October, 1982 - January, 1984:
1. First Six Months - Junior House Officer in the Department of General Surgery Under Prof. A K Ghosh, FRCS and Prof. S K Mondol, MS.
2. Next Ten Months – As Senior House Officer in the Department of General Surgery and Plastic Surgery, R G Kar Medical College & Hospital, Calcutta, INDIA under Prof. J C Paul, FRCS, Prof D Banerjee, MS, MCh (Plastic Surgery) and Dr. D. Dasgupta, FRCS.
1984 – 86: Post Graduate Trainee (Master of Surgery at Calcutta National Medical College under University College of Medicine, Calcutta University, Calcutta under Professor (Miss) Urmila Khanna, MS, FRCS, FICS.
December 1986 - March 1989: Resident Surgeon at erstwhile Chittaranjan Cancer Hospital and later on the Hospital Wing of Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata, INDIA (R.S. of Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynaecology, ENT, Urology, Dentistry)
1989-1996: Deputy Medical Superintendant, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (Hospital wing), Specialist, Grade-II, Surgical Oncology.
1989-1996: Additional duties of Specialist Grade II, Dept of Surgical Oncology.
June 1995 - 20.01.2017: Head of the Department of Surgical Oncology, CNCI, Kolkata.
September 1996 - 20.01.2017: Head of the Department of Medical Oncology in Addition to Head of the Department of Surgical Oncology, CNCI, Kolkata.
April, 1998 - September, 2000: Medical Superintendent, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata, India.
October, 2000 - 24TH January, 2007 (F.N.): Officer In Charge, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata, India.
2007 - 20.01.2017: Head of the Department, Dept. of Clinical research, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata, India.
2009 - 20.01.2017 : Head of the Dept, Dept of Translational Research, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata, INDIA.
24TH January, 2007 (A.N.) - 20.01.2017: Director, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata.
Awarded W.H.O. Fellowship for Advanced Training in Surgical Oncology in the Following Institute:
1) Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, USA in Surgical Oncology with special reference to Head and Neck Service (under Prof Jatin P Shah & E W Strong), Breast Service (under Professor D Kinnie & Prof Michael Moore) and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Service and Hepato Billiary Malignancies (under Prof Murray F Brennan)
2) Manchester University Hope Hospital, Salford, UK and Christie Hospital, UK in Surgical Oncology in Relation to Oesophageal and Colorectal Surgery, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (under Prof Miles Irving & others) and training in Medical Oncology at Christie Hospital, UK.
CLINICAL: Carrying out independently different types of elective and emergency general surgical procedures. Also independently performing different types of cancer surgery and trained in different types of Head & Neck Reconstructive procedures and Breast Reconstruction and also trained in GI Endoscopy.
While working as post graduate trainee, was involved in teaching of the under graduates and also participated in seminars, clinical meetings and workshops.
While working as a Resident Surgeon and Specialist Surgeon later on at Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata had the opportunity to train the house officers and other junior doctors in surgical oncology. Teacher of the DNB Post Graduate, Post Doctoral students and in various Clinical and Para Clinical Courses in the institute. Clinical guide for DNB Surgical Oncology Super Speciality Post Doctoral Students.